Skip to content
What does modulars being GREEN mean?
- No waste with plant materials – all lumber not used is recycled
- Modular manufacturing minimizes lumber waste due to precise cutting
- Reduction of noise, dust and damage to existing site landscaping and neighborhoods
- Plant manufacturing centralizes trade workers and reduces vehicular emissions from travel to and from distant construction sites.
- Modular manufacturing creates a thermally efficient building shell
- Walls have high R value insulation
- Ceilings have R30-R38 R-value insulation without formaldehyde
- Sheetrock is glued and screwed with foam along outside studs
- Plumbing and wiring access holes are sealed with putty to create a complete insulation envelope
- Modular design takes advantage of open floor plans wherever possible to increase cross ventilation and decrease heating costs
- Commodes installed use less water
- All windows installed are Low-E
- Use engineered wood products such as O.S.B. or plywood. These products are made from small-diameter trees or waste from wood-processing operations thus conserving higher-quality timber.
- Use durable exterior siding material and roofing materials….modulars use vinyl siding and 30 year architectural shingles for longevity and durability
- Continuous shingle over ridge vent at roof ensures attic ventilation